4 serves; Prep 10 mins, Cooking 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package Gardein Teriyaki Chick’n
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/3″ cubes
- ½ yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 1 can (400g) Global Organics chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (400g) fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup Australia’s Own vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook Chick’n Strips according to package instructions, but don’t add sauce packet yet. Remove cooked strips from frying pan.
- Add remaining olive oil to same frying pan and brown sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and sautee for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, sauce packet (that came with the chick’n strips), chickpeas, tomatoes and spices to frying pan and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes, until everything is warm and juices reduced a bit.
- Add cooked chick’n back to mixture, stir. Serve over warm rice and sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.
Enjoy! Recipe courtesy of Gardein.com