- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water, or as needed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Bragg apple cider vinegar
- to taste – sea salt
- Place the cashews into a bowl and cover with water. Let soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the cashews. In a blender or food processor, blend together the cashews, water, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and lemon juice until you reach a really smooth consistency.
- Add more water until you reach the desired thickness. For more of a cream-like consistency, add more water until you reach a thinner, but still smooth, consistency.
- Scrape the sides and continue to pulse until smooth. If needed, add a bit more water until you reach the desired consistency.
*Note: If you have a food processor, the higher the power, the smoother the outcome.
Enjoy! Recipe courtesy of Gardein.com