4 serves; Prep 15 mins, Cooking 15 mins
sweet & sour sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoon tamari sauce
- 3 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn starch or tapioca
- 2 tablespoons rice bran oil
- 1 cup halved cashews
- 1 package sweet & sour porkless bites
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cubed
- 2 cups green beans, de-seeded and long strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut into long strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- Combine pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and corn starch, and mix well. Heat in small saucepan until slightly thick, and set aside.
- Heat oil in large wok over medium and, when hot, add cashews, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add Pork bites, pineapple cubes and peas/ beans, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add red bell pepper, garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add sweet-and-sour sauce, stirring to mix well, and stir-fry for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, garnish with cashews, if using, and serve alone or over rice or noodles.
Enjoy! Recipe courtesy of Gardein.com