4 serves; Prep 10 mins, Cooking 25 mins
- 45ml extra virgin olive oil
- 125gr trimmed and chopped asparagus
- 125gr green beans
- 3 cleaned and quartered artichokes
- 125gr chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 125gr chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1L vegetable stock
- pinch of salt
- 125gr cooked white beans
- 100gr frozen peas, defrosted
- 300 gr Basmati rice
- Place a paella pan (or a large frypan) over a medium heat and pour in 45ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the asparagus, green beans, artichokes and wild mushrooms all chopped in small pieces. Stir with a wooden spoon and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic chopped in small pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the green and red pepper chopped in small pieces, and turmeric powder along with the tomato and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bit of salt and stir.
- Add the white beans and peas. Finally add the rice, stir and let it cook for 15 minutes; keep cooking it without more stirring.
- Remove from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with lemon slices.